Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Every Last One

I recently started a new business (The Tasty Cupcakery).  Although I always find time to read, I have not been able to find the time to blog!  Things will settle down soon and I promise I'll get back to reviewing!  Until then, here is a short one to hold you over ;)

Anna Quindlen's Every Last One: A Novel (Hardcover)(2010)When I started this book, I randomly chose it and I had no idea what it was about.  It didn't take me long to finish the first half and I really enjoyed it... then BAM!  Like a slap in the face!  Half the characters I had grown to love were gone!    I wasn't even sure I wanted to finish the book... but I can't not finish a book.

And, I am SO glad I did.


I'm not going to "break this one down" like I normally do because I don't want to give too much away.  But, I will say I highly recommend this book.  Every Last One is a very sad tale about tragedy striking an average family.  It is beautifully written and sure to make you think.  I know I've said this in the past about books, but this story made me want to hold my babies and never let them go.  (Needless to say, if you're in the mood for something light and funny, this is not the book for you.)   

RATINGS

Writing Style    9/10
Characters        9/10
Storyline           9/10

OVERALL      9/10

*Kindle users:  Get it here*   
*Prefer a hard copy?  Get it here*

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this, but every other book of Quindlen's that I've read was very good. Once I catch up on my current backlog, I'll look for this.

    ReplyDelete